It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:11 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Lost - what did you think
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:05 pm 
]BoS[ Member

So, I'll probably get slammed by some for watching this program, but what did you who liked it think of the finale? I didnt start watching until season 5, I was forced into watching, got hooked, downloaded every episode. Personally, I think Lost and 24 are the two best dramatic/action television shows I have ever seen. granted, I don't watch a lot of television. I am by no means a religious person, and this 6th season caught me off guard with the religious undertones the show seemed to take on, but as a whole, overall, it is an insane spin on the question of life and where we go when we die. I am still kind of Lost, to be honest, on the entire meaning of the show. I plan to watch the entire series over again in succession to get a better understanding. I fully believe this is a show that will transcend time, and be something we can show to our kids when they get older. At any rate, what did you guys think?

Post subject: Re: Lost - what did you think
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:05 pm 
Urban L337

Never watched a single frame of Lost. But from what I've read and seen on commercials I'm glad I didn't. I won't slam 24 however, because even though I never watched it I can at least respect it as a viable contender for "best show".

If you want to watch good TV check out Breaking Bad or Dexter. Two of the best written shows ever on TV and made almost every critic's Top 10 of the Decade list.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:30 pm 
]BoS[ Member

I managed to avoid getting sucked into the Lost craze 24 was my fav for awhile, can't bring my self to watch the series finale on my DVR yet.
Dexter is awesome as well, and they finally got rid of the most annoying part of it. I think the best new show right now is Stargate Universe.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:34 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

I stopped Lost after a few seasons. I might pick it back up but it just kind of started to get way out there and I lost interest. I'm addicted to 24 right now (watching seasons on netflix instant) and of course one of my all time favs Sunny in Philly.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:09 pm 
Nuke

Lost was an incredible series in which every single scene connected in some way to another scene (even if it was 5 seasons later). I do think that the first two seasons were the best seasons and the show sort of got stretched out as I wasn't the biggest fan of season 5 but I still loved the series as a whole. I won't get into any details about the ending since some people may want to watch it but it was very odd and I'm not sure I saw it as a fitting ending. Definitely considered watching the seasons over again but that would take wayyyy too much time.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:18 am 
]BoS[ Member

I have watched all of Lost except for this season. My wife and I watch them in quick succession on NetFlix so we knew what was going on and didn't lose much between episodes. It is definitely a great show, I think the characters are what makes it so memorable. I had a boner for John Locke until the weird shit in Season 5.

We're prob going to download Season 6 here and watch it over a short period, I'll update this topic when we do.

As for Dexter, it is definitely a great show. Prob the best I have seen. A serial killer killing other serial killers, what's not to like? Jon Lithgow last season was amazing in it as well. He played such a great creepy guy.

Other series that I watched and rate highly:

Jericho Season 1 (2 sucked)
Firefly
Rescue Me (all seasons - this is fantastic, prob in my top 3)
True Blood ( I actually got sucked into this from my wife, but as it turned out I really thought it was entertaining)

We got into 24 for a while, but after season 3 we lost interest.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:11 am 
Urban L337

whizperz wrote:
I stopped Lost after a few seasons. I might pick it back up but it just kind of started to get way out there and I lost interest. I'm addicted to 24 right now (watching seasons on netflix instant) and of course one of my all time favs Sunny in Philly.

It's Always Sunny is my definitely one of my favorite shows too but it's a comedy so I couldn't compare it to Lost haha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:06 pm 
]BoS[ Member

Dexter is a great show too.

Jericho season 2 sucked because they canceled it, and wrapped like 8 episodes into the final 2. If they would have let that second season go on as it was intended I would have been happy.

I watched the first season onf breaking bad, and it was a good show too but I just forgot about it because it is on A&E or some shit like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:30 pm 
Urban L337

In reference to cancelled shows that never got picked up, The Black Donnelly's was bad ass. I don't know why it got cancelled and why some other channel didn't pick it up for a second season.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:25 pm 
]BoS[ Member

Black Donnely's was a good show, last episode I saw was when Tommy went in and iced Doke, I don't know why that show never got picked up.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]