It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Any Android Users?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:28 am 
Urban L337

Anyone here have an Android phone? I just got the Galaxy S2 from Sprint last month. I'm really digging it so far. There are a few things here and there I miss from the iPhone but there's just this strange sense of freedom I have using this phone now. Anyway, my question is if anyone here knows a good method to automatically sync podcasts from iTunes to your phone. That would be awesome as opposed to having to connect the phone to a computer every time I want to download the latest podcast.

Last edited by YourFather on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Any Android Users?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:41 am 
]BoS[ Leader

I've got a droid (Droid X) but I don't do anything with iTunes or podcasts currently on my phone. I know what you mean about the sense of freedom feeling. I had the same reaction when I bought mine =) The only thing that bugs me about droid, and it really isn't their fault, is that some developers come out (or even rush) apps for the iPhone and then later develop it for droid. There are a couple of apps that I've had to wait for or am still waiting for to be released on droid.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:09 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

Apple or bust!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:45 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

I have a Droid Incredible 2 and love it. Like whiz said, the availability of apps on Android is far less than on iOS. You really see the lack of choice on Android with games, but not so much with utility apps.

As for syncing podcasts, have you looked into Google Music? That should do what you want once you set it up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:46 am 
]BoS[ Member

Switched from Android to iPhone and haven't regretted it (Verizon).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:20 am 
]BoS[ Member

Had an iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 (which broke) and went over to an HTC Evo 3D... LOVE it.

I miss the app store (luckily I have an iPad 2), the incredible retina display and the superior camera of the iPhone but would not trade it for what I get with Droid; COMPLETE freedom to do/customize whatever I want, ability to type with swype, download anything from the internet, have an in-phone file browser, flash support on the net, FREEDOM from F*cking ITUNES!!! ...and so much more.

Not to mention, using a 4.3" or 4.5" screen makes the iPhones 3.5" screen look tiny.

Now, if they removed the chains from iTunes, developed a flash player and made the screen bigger i'd be back into an iPhone. I am, however, still quite disappointed with the crappy quality of most Android phone cameras.

I'm stuck in the middle but tip my hat to Android at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:02 am 
Urban L337

Xenethyl wrote:
I have a Droid Incredible 2 and love it. Like whiz said, the availability of apps on Android is far less than on iOS. You really see the lack of choice on Android with games, but not so much with utility apps.

As for syncing podcasts, have you looked into Google Music? That should do what you want once you set it up.

I have setup Google Music and I can't believe I didn't know about it sooner, it's awesome. However, I haven't really looked into setting up the podcasts yet, I'll have to do that.

Ironside wrote:
Had an iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 (which broke) and went over to an HTC Evo 3D... LOVE it.

I miss the app store (luckily I have an iPad 2), the incredible retina display and the superior camera of the iPhone but would not trade it for what I get with Droid; COMPLETE freedom to do/customize whatever I want, ability to type with swype, download anything from the internet, have an in-phone file browser, flash support on the net, FREEDOM from F*cking ITUNES!!! ...and so much more.

Not to mention, using a 4.3" or 4.5" screen makes the iPhones 3.5" screen look tiny.

Now, if they removed the chains from iTunes, developed a flash player and made the screen bigger i'd be back into an iPhone. I am, however, still quite disappointed with the crappy quality of most Android phone cameras.

I'm stuck in the middle but tip my hat to Android at the moment.

I'm rather impressed with the Galaxy S2's AMOLED screen. The contrast blows away the iPhone despite having a slightly lower resolution. And I agree with your comment about the cameras. The 8.0 MP camera on my phone doesn't take quite as nice pictures as the 8.0 MP camera on the iPhone, I was a little disappointed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:04 am 
Urban L337

Not to mention I got the phone on Amazon's new wireless store for $80 and then got a 32GB microSD card for $30.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:01 am 
Urban L337

In case anyone else is interested, there is an excellent free application I found called Podkicker. It was able to find all the podcast feeds I need, the interface is pretty clean and straightforward, and as I mentioned it's FREE. Oh, and it even does video podcasts if you're interested. I am very impressed thus far. All of the other notable podcast managers cost $5 or more.

Google Listen is supposed to be the audio sister of Google Reader. It seems unpolished and I actually couldn't find a single podcast feed that I needed. I don't think Google has paid much attention to it since it's launch almost two years ago. I guess they have putting all their resources into Google Music instead. Podkicker will sync with Google Listen and Google Reader feeds if you want as well...pretty nifty.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]