It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Got a new Laptop
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:19 pm 
]BoS[ Member

Bought a new laptop and paid $750 for it. My current lappy is a POS. The GPU runs to about 110 celsius and the cpu gets up to about 85-90 celsius and sometimes it randomly shuts off. It also doesn't have a number pad which is pretty friggin crucial for accounting. But the new one I bought is an ASUS Refurb through Newegg. I read the reviews and the majority (80% out of 15) say that it works the first time without a hitch. The rest state shoddy packaging - which is weird cuz newegg is normally the bestest - for breaking the laptop. Newegg accepts the RMA's without question though which is nice. I just couldn't pass up this deal though. The specs:

CPU Type Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53G
Screen 17.3"
Memory Size 6GB DDR2
Hard Disk 500GB
Optical Drive DVD Super Multi
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M
Video Memory 1GB DDR3 VRAM

That GTX 260M is like a 9800GT desktop graphics card, i mean its just about top of the line for mobile computing. The dual core isn't the i-series, but that doesn't really matter that much to me at this point. 6 gigs of DDR2 instead of DDR3 doesn't matter that much to me either. With an i-series the price of this laptop prob would have jumped up another couple hundred dollars. While it also doesn't have DX11 capabilities, I didn't buy it to be my main gaming machine. Just something that was good enough to play my Steam Sale games on :D:D:D:D (oh yeah and accounting software too, flowchart diagramming & peachtree/qb). Pretty stoked as it should be in on Wed/Thursday. The one catch: I have to give my wife a baby now =) :runaway:

Post subject: Re: Got a new Laptop
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

Nice man! Enjoy! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:01 pm 
]BoS[ Member

Got it today, works like a charm. It is a Republic of Gaming series. It friggin flies. That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:42 pm 
]BoS[ Member

That is not a fair trade... if you are giving her a baby you should get the right to have your own man cave or some shit. Inside of this room should be big screens, a kegerator, mini bar, lounge chairs, and a stripper pole.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:30 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

gERm wrote:
That is not a fair trade... if you are giving her a baby you should get the right to have your own man cave or some shit. Inside of this room should be big screens, a kegerator, mini bar, lounge chairs, and a stripper pole.

Yeah, the stripper pole can be used for the month to two months you can't have sex before and after birth =/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:46 am 
]BoS[ Member

hahaha...true, I get a gun too, does that count? There's no room in our house for a man cave...dont have a basement :(

I already have an office though with all my shit in it.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]