It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Microsoft Zune (120GB)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:39 am 
Urban L337

I filled up my current Samsung mp3 player which was only 4GB, so I decided it was time to go big or go home. I didn't want to get an iPod just because everyone else has one and more so because I don't like iTunes and Apple software. The Zune is slightly thicker in size but the screen is nearly twice as big as that on an iPod. It also comes with an FM radio and WiFi capability. With the WiFi you can share songs with other computers or Zunes in your area which is pretty neat. I only had it for a couple days and I am pleased with it thus far. Sound quality is excellent. The only problem I am having is with the Zune software (ironic, I know). I'm not sure if it's due to my USB ports or if it's faulty software, but both the player and the software get stuck at 100% during transfers and I have to eventually just hard disconnect the player. No harm is done but I just don't like that, but it looks like it's something that can be fixed with a simple software update. Also, I found one or two dead pixels on the screen but I can't imagine that there isn't a single player with out at least one. You can't even see them unless you know exactly where they are on the screen so it's all good.

Price - $250 + $32 (armband case). Then they gave me a $20 Best Buy gift card for some reason and I bought a DVD, so it worked out pretty nice.

Post subject: Re: Microsoft Zune (120GB)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:48 am 
]BoS[ Leader

I have a Zune (though 80GB) as well. I love it, but I don't get much use out of it while I'm on campus. At the gym I just take an old flash-based MP3 player (Creative MuVo) with me as I don't like the idea of the Zune's hard drive bouncing around while I'm running.

Did you update to the latest software revision and try the games out? There aren't many good ones available yet, but hopefully that will change in the near future.

Post subject: Re: Microsoft Zune (120GB)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:04 am 
]BoS[ Leader

Yeah that freezing at 100% sounds like that should have been fixed with a firmware update. Check the zune page to see if there is a new update for your model.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]